The Role of Employee Listening in Well-being
COVID-19 has changed how we view employee wellbeing in ways we could not have predicted a couple of years ago. Forbes reports that 70% of HR leaders rank wellbeing and mental health as the top priority in today’s workplace.
So how can EMPLOYEE LISTENING help? How can creating a FULFILLING work experience help?
Decades of research in emotional intelligence tells us that people can cope with life and work pressures much better when there is a high level of work SATISFACTION. Trouble arises when pressure is high and work satisfaction is low. That’s a damaging combination.
At Spark, our 20 years of research, translated into a concise survey, producing powerful reports, gives the INSIGHT needed to support employee wellbeing and mental health at work.
Our algorithms make VISIBLE how employees are experiencing their work and careers. These EMOTIONAL profiles demonstrate to employees that we are listening, we are understanding their experience, and we will take action to mitigate or eliminate the blockers to a fulfilling and passionate work experience.
The Spark’dLens identifies 8 emotional profiles and provides comprehensive strategies for shifting people to a more positive work experience that generates a greater sense of wellness.
- First, we diagnose their current state of engagement, so employees feel HEARD.
- Next, we take action, together, to remove the BLOCKERS to meaning and progress, the key drivers to healthy engagement at work.
- Finally, we connect individuals and teams to their critical DRIVERS of engagement to help people experience and sustain passion at work.
When organizations create an environment that supports a high sense of MEANING and tracks and celebrates PROGRESS, a passionate work experience will emerge. This supports employee wellbeing in a profound way. Work becomes a place where employees thrive and where employees can anchor themselves in purpose, meaning and a sense of progress.
When employees attain a state of PASSIONATE ENGAGEMENT at work, our research clearly shows that employees:
- Feel energized
- Feel challenged and fulfilled
- Take action on goals that matter
- Pace work appropriately
- Tend to find balance and not obsess
- Celebrate achievements
Life pressures will continue to ebb and flow but it is within our power to create work environments that lead to a high sense of wellbeing and deep resilience.
- What is the Spark’d Lens™?The Spark’d Lens is a ground-breaking discovery based on data and science - validated tens of thousands of times. Like a camera lens, it provides focus, using two important filters - Meaning and Progress; the key ingredients in creating passion at work.
- The Great Resignation and How Data-Driven Employee Engagement Can Change the GameThe Great Resignation has been a game-changer. The need for employee engagement programs that show how employees really FEEL has never been greater. Data matters.
- Why Emotions Are The Deciding Factor In Any Work EnvironmentTypically employee engagement surveys are opinion surveys. They tell you what your employees think. But, engagement is an EMOTION. It’s about how we feel when we are at work. It’s an emotion that describes our overall feeling of our work experience.
- Studies Show That Employees Leave or Stay Based on how they feelIt's all about the neuroscience of decision making. Effective employee listening drives effective actions that keep employees emotionally connected. The more emotionally connected they are, the more they innovate, the better they execute and the longer they stay.
- The ROI of Employee Listening in Employee ExperienceWhy are survey participation rates often low? Why do HR managers tell me there is survey fatigue? In our work with our clients around the world, we see a direct correlation between LISTENING and results!